Seaweed ChipsNovember 19, 2018
Banana and Date Muffins for OneApril 17, 2019
This recipe is Vegan – Vegetarian – Gluten Free – Dairy Free and Egg Free friendly.
This Salted Caramel Chocolate Tart recipe is a combination of 3 different recipes I have created and which is available on this site. I will add the links below for anyone who are interested.
A very good friend of mine asked me about easy gluten free tart recipes as she was looking for something to make for a Christmas dessert. After listening to her I started putting these individual recipes together in my mind and this is what I came up with.
I hope you like it Lyndsey
• You will need a round pie dish of approximately 22cm (8.66inches) in diameter.
1 Cup (150g) – Almonds
1/2 Cup (75g) – Dates, pitted
2 Tbsp. (14g) – Cocoa Powder (Optional – you can omit it if you prefer a light coloured base)
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Coconut Oil, melted
Pinch of Himalayan Salt or Kosher Salt
1/4 Cup (70g) – Almond Butter
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Maple Syrup or any other liquid sweetener of your choice (Agave, Rice Syrup ect.)
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Coconut Oil
Ingredients: Chocolate Filling
2 Cans (800ml – about 3 Cup) – Coconut Cream (Not light or full fat Coconut Milk – See Notes)
1 1/2 Cup (120g) – Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup (80g) – Powdered Sugar (I use Erythritol or Xylitol sugar – See notes)
2 Tsp. (10ml) – Vanilla Essence
Ingredients: Caramel Layer
1 Can (400ml) – Coconut Milk, Full Fat (not light or cream)
1/4 Cup (35g) – Coconut Sugar or normal Sugar (but the colour of the caramel will be white instead)
• Add all the ingredients in a food processor and blend it until its almost smooth.
• Add all the ingredients together and microwave for about 5 second, then mix through. Be careful not to leave it too long, you only want the coconut oil and almond butter to melt a bit.
• Add the almond butter mixture to the almond and date mixture and blend through until it forms a dough.
• Add the dough into a 22cm (8.66 inch) round pie dish and press it firm. The dough should be enough to cover the edges of the dish too.
Method: Chocolate Filling
• Heat the coconut cream in a saucepan to the point where you see steam coming up, do not let it start to boil. (You should be able to lick a spoon clean without burning your tongue). Remove it from the stove top.
• Sift the cocoa and powdered sugar into the coconut cream and whisk well until there is no lumps and the powdered sugar has dissolved.
• Add the vanilla and whisk it through.
• Let it cool but give it a good stir every now and then.
• Once it has cooled to room temperature, pour it onto the pie base and refrigerate it until it has set. This does take a couple of hours. (For best results, leave it in the fridge overnight).
Method: Caramel Layer
• The trick to cook this caramel within 7 minutes is to use a frying pan.
• On a high heat, bring the coconut milk and coconut sugar to a full boil, then start your 7-minute countdown.
• If necessary, reduce the heat so the coconut milk does not boil over, then increase it to high again.
• Keep an eye on it and stir in circles on the outsides of the frying pan. It’s not necessary to stir continuously but when you get near the end you can start stirring again in slow motions.
• Remove the caramel from the heat and allow it to cool down completely, however keep stirring it in intervals to keep the texture and colour consistent.
• The caramel will thicken more as it cools down.
• When it cooled down, pour it over the chocolate ganache layer and spread it evenly across the top.
• Place the tart in the fridge to allow it to cool and set.
• Sprinkle some salt crystals over the top before you serve it.
• For best results keep the tart refrigerated.
Serves about 10 – 12 slices
• I use my little coffee grinder to make my own Erythritol or Xylitol powder.
• How do you know when you have a good quality coconut cream?
When you buy your coconut cream it should be in a cool part of the store. You can test it by lightly shaking the can. If the content swooshes inside it is probably not so good. If the content seems silent and solid, then you have a good quality.
Pie Base – (Almond Snicker Bars)
Chocolate Filling – (Vegan Chocolate Ganache)
Caramel – (Coconut Caramel (Just 7 Minutes))
Lovely recipe and very delicious😊.
Thank you so much❤