I had a bag of nori sheets in my pantry and one night I looked at it and wondered what else I will be able to make with it. This is what I experimented with and it turned into a recipe.
2 – Seaweed Sheets (Nori Sheets)
1/2 Tbsp. (7.5ml) – Melted Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp. (30ml) – Rice Syrup but Honey also work (See Notes)
1/2 Tbsp. – Wasabi Powder or Cocoa Powder
Chopped Almond Nuts
• Preheat your oven to 160˚C/320˚F.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Mix the coconut oil, rice syrup and wasabi powder or cocoa powder well.
• Brush one side of each of the nori sheets with the rice syrup mixture.
• Sprinkle the almond nuts and sesame seeds over on one of the nori sheets and then close it with the second nori sheet.
• Cut the sheets into equal sized squares and spread them evenly across the lined baking tray.
• Bake them for 5 minutes then turn them over and bake them for another 3 minutes.
• Let them cool completely and enjoy.
Serves 16 squares.
• I have tested this recipe with Rice Syrup, Honey and Maple Syrup. I found that the rice syrup gave the best results, followed by the honey. The maple syrup also worked but it did shrink up the nori sheets, so they looked a bit funny.
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!