1 Can (400ml – about 1 1/2 Cup) – Coconut Cream
3/4 Cup (60g) – Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
1/3 Cup (50g) – Powdered Sugar of choice (I use Xylitol sugar) see notes
1 Tsp (5ml) – Vanilla Essence
• Heat the coconut cream in a saucepan to the point where you see steam coming up, do not let it start to boil. (You should be able to lick a spoon clean without burning your tongue).
• Sift the cocoa and powdered sugar into the coconut cream and whisk well until there is no lumps.
• Add the vanilla and whisk it through.
• Let it cool but give it a good stir every now and then.
• Once it has cooled to room temperature, refrigerate it. It will thicken up even more.
• The longer it rests in the fridge the better the results, but it can be used once it cooled down to cover the top of a fridge recipe, which requires a dish/container/bowl where the ganache cannot overflow the edges.
• It can be stored in an airtight container, (preferably glass) in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Makes almost 2 Cups
• I use my little coffee grinder to make my own xylitol powder.
• If you use coconut milk instead of coconut cream, the result is a much thinner ganache, so for best results it needs to be refrigerated overnight before you use it for a recipe.
• Also keep in mind that ganache made with coconut milk is still runny so in warm weather it melts easy.
• For a thick and creamy ganache, use coconut cream.
Heat the coconut cream until it starts to steam then turn the heat off
Sift the cocoa powder and powdered sugar into the heated coconut cream
Whisk it well
Add the vanilla and whisk until all lumps is gone and its smooth
Results from Coconut Cream
Results from Coconut Milk
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!