Need to make a Chocolate Ganache but have no chocolate? Don’t worry, with this recipe you won’t need any chocolate at all.
1 Can (400ml – about 1 1/2 Cup) – Coconut Cream (Good quality)
3/4 Cup (60g) – Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
1/3 Cup (50g) – Powdered Sugar of choice (I use Xylitol sugar) see notes
1 Tsp (5ml) – Vanilla Essence
• Heat the coconut cream in a saucepan to the point where you see steam coming up, do not let it start to boil. (You should be able to lick a spoon clean without burning your tongue).
• Sift the cocoa and powdered sugar into the coconut cream and whisk well until there is no lumps.
• Add the vanilla and whisk it through.
• Let it cool but give it a good stir every now and then.
• Once it has cooled to room temperature, refrigerate it. It will thicken up even more.
• The longer it rests in the fridge the better the results, but it can be used once it cooled down to cover the top of a fridge recipe, which requires a dish/container/bowl where the ganache cannot overflow the edges.
• It can be stored in an airtight container, (preferably glass) in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Makes almost 2 Cups
• I use my little coffee grinder to make my own xylitol powder.
• If you use coconut milk instead of coconut cream, the result is a much thinner ganache, so for best results it needs to be refrigerated overnight before you use it for a recipe.
• Also keep in mind that ganache made with coconut milk is still runny so in warm weather it melts easy.
• For a thick and creamy ganache, use coconut cream.
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!