Berry Coulis (Puree/Sauce)October 31, 2018
2-Ingredient Gluten Free Pizza DoughOctober 31, 2018
This recipe is Vegan – Vegetarian – Gluten Free – Dairy Free – Egg Free and Paleo friendly.
This Date Paste recipe works great as a substitute for sugar in certain recipes. Not only is it a natural sweetener and delicious but it also have some health benefits to it, such as;
- Its an energy booster
- Its high in iron
- Its high in fibre
- It helps with constipation and,
- It promote cardiovascular health
To read more about other health benefits click on this link here (sweeteners)
1 Cup (140g) – Pitted Dates
Boiling Water (enough to cover the dates)
• Add the pitted dates into a glass bowl and cover them with hot boiling water from a kettle.
• Let the dates rest for about 30min or until the dates are nice and soft.
• Drain the dates from the water and place them into a blender or food processor.
• Blend the dates smooth and into a paste. You might have to scrape the dates from the sides of your blender a couple of times to ensure it has blended smooth. (If it is too thick add a teaspoon or two from the leftover date water.)
• Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Makes about 1/2 Cup of date paste.
Click on the links below for recipe’s using Date Paste