Looking for an easy soup recipe? Then try this Roasted Red Pepper and Chickpea Soup, you basically only have to roast the peppers and the soup is done.
Ingredients: Roast Red Pepper
2-3 Red Peppers/Capsicums
1-2 Cloves of Garlic
Method: Roast Red Pepper
• Preheat your oven to 200˚C/400˚F.
• Place the peppers and garlic in an oven dish and drizzle it with the olive oil.
• Roast the red peppers and garlic for about 30min or until the red peppers are tender.
• Let the red peppers cool slightly, then remove the seeds and the peels as well as you can.
Roasted Red Peppers and Garlic (from above)
1 Can (410g-270g drained) – Chickpeas, drained and rinsed (can be substituted with any white beans)
2 Tbsp.’s. (35g) – Tomato Paste
Small bunch of Parsley
1 Tbsp. (7g) – Paprika
1 – 2 Tsp (1-2g) – Dried Oregano
2 Cups (500ml) – Vegetable Stock
Salt and Pepper to taste
• Add all the ingredients into a pot and use a stick blender to blend it smooth. (You can also use a food processor).
• Heat the soup through and add salt and pepper to taste.
• Garnish with chopped up parsley, add a few slices of bread and enjoy.
Serves 1 – 2
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!