Try this delicious Orange And Dark Chocolate Granola if you are looking for a granola that is filled with that beautiful orange aroma.
1 1/2 Cup (150g) – Rolled Oats (Gluten Free if preferred)
1/4 Cup (35g) – Almond Flour or Rolled Oats Flours (25g)
1/4 Cup (30g) – Cacao Nibs (Optional)
2/3 Cups (45g) – Dried Unsweetened Coconut Shavings
1/3 Cups (55g) – Almonds (I chop mine in half to add volume).
1/4 Cup (20g) – Grated Orange peels (about 1-2 oranges).
1/4 Cup (60ml) – Maple Syrup or Honey
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Coconut Oil, melted
70-85% Dark Chocolate (Keep aside)
• Preheat oven to 160C/320˚F.
• Mix all the dry ingredients together with a spoon.
• Heat the maple syrup or honey and coconut oil for a few seconds in the microwave. You only want to melt the oil, so for about 5 – 10 seconds.
• Pour maple and oil mixture over the granola mixture and mix it well.
• Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the granola evenly across.
• Bake the granola for 15 minutes, then scrape the granola loose, ensuring that it can bake on all sides. I use a big chef’s knife but any other kitchen tool will do.
• Return the granola to the oven and bake it for a further 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t turn too brown, each oven is different.
• Remove and scrape once more with the knife and leave it to cool down.
• Once the granola has cooled down, break the chocolate into small pieces and mix it into the granola.
• The granola will be light and crispy, full of aroma and ready to enjoy.
• I make my own Oats flour by using my little coffee grinder, it turns the rolled oats into a nice flour form. You can also use a food processor.
• The orange peel will have a funny smell while it bakes and might smell awful at some point but the smell will not leave behind a funny taste in the granola. Just bear with the baking time, it will disappear and leave a delicious orange aroma and taste.
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!