Want to know how to make edible eyes? Well then you came to the right place. You only need two ingredients for these cute peepers. They are amazing for Halloween treats and add so much character to your homemade baked goodies.
100g – White Baking Chocolate (Dairy or Dairy Free)
15g – Dark Baking Chocolate (Dairy or Dairy Free)
You will also need:
• Parchment Paper
• Little squeeze bottle with a small hole or a teaspoon.
• Green Food Colouring (Optional)
• Melt the white chocolate.
• Fill the little squeeze bottle with melted chocolate and squeeze drops of the chocolate onto a piece of parchment paper. (You can also use a teaspoon and let the chocolate drip off the front and onto the parchment paper. The size of the drops (eyes) depends on your personal preference).
• Allow the chocolate to set.
• Melt the dark chocolate and use a toothpick to form the pupil of the eye.
• Allow the chocolate to set again. You can store the eyes in the fridge to help speed up the process.
• When the chocolate has set, use a knife, and carefully lift them from the parchment paper.
• Store the eyes in an airtight container and in a cool dry place.
• Enjoy playing and decorating with these little peepers. (For a spooky effect, colour the white chocolate green).
Makes about 150 eyes.
For recipes using edible eyes click on the links below:
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!