1 Minute Cinnamon Rolls?.. you ask.
Well maybe it does not take 1 minute to make the cinnamon rolls from start to finish but they cook in 1 minute.
However if you want to put a time on making these cinnamon rolls, you could probably make them in 5 minutes. Yes they are still that quick.
1/2 Cup (80g) – Self Raising Flour (See Notes)
1/4 Cup (60g/60ml) – Greek Yogurt or Coconut Milk for a vegan version
• Mix the self-raising flour and yogurt or coconut milk until it forms a ball of dough. (The dough should not stick to your hands, so you might have to adjust the flour or yogurt/coconut milk until you find the right consistency).
• Roll the dough out on a floured surface. If you can get it into a square that would be best.
• Make the filling.
Ingredients: Cinnamon Filling
2 Tbsp. (30g) – Flora Margarine/Becel or 3Tbsp (40g) – Flora Vegan or equivalent – See Notes)
1 Tsp (3g) – Cinnamon
1 Tbsp (14g) – Sugar (I use Erythritol)
Method: Cinnamon Filling
• Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix it well. (See notes for margarine).
• Spread the mixture evenly over the rolled-out dough.
• Cut the rolled-up dough into 4 equal sized pieces.
• Space the cinnamon rolls evenly apart in a microwave safe dish prepared with a non-stick spray. The cinnamon rolls will double in size so make sure the bowl is big enough. (Place the uneven sides of the cinnamon rolls on the bottom of the dish).
• Microwave the cinnamon rolls for 1 minute or until they are cooked. (It might differ depending on the strength of your microwave).
• Once cooked, you can turn the cinnamon rolls over, this will ensure that they are covered in the melted cinnamon butter. (This part is optional of course).
• Make your icing.
2 Tbsp. (20g) – Powdered Sugar (I use Erythritol)
1 Tsp ± (5ml) – Milk of your choice
• Mix the powdered sugar and milk together. Start by adding a teaspoon on milk to the powdered sugar and increase if necessary. The icing should be thick yet runny.
• Drizzle the icing over the cinnamon rolls and enjoy.
• For best results, enjoy them while they are still warm.
Makes 4 Cinnamon Rolls
• I found that self-raising gluten free flour did not work well for this recipe. However, if you really want to make it and do not mind it looking different from the original images, add 1 tsp of baking powder to the flour.
• You can substitute any butter or margarine, whether it is vegan or non-vegan. After testing this recipe numerous times, I got the best results from the Flora brand also known as Becel in some countries. For the non-vegan, use 2 Tbsp and the vegan, use 3 Tbsp).
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!