This delicious Marmalade only requires 4 ingredients. If you are like me and love to give friends baked goodies then this is a perfect gift.
4 – Oranges, thoroughly washed (2x Oranges, grated)
2 Tbsp. (30ml) – Lemon Juice (about 1/2 Lemon)
3/4 Cup (180ml) – Water
1/3 Cup (65g ) – Erythritol/Xylitol Sugar or Maple Syrup/Honey
• Grate the peels from 2 of the oranges. Remove the leftover skin, hard pieces and all pips if there is any.
• Cut all the oranges into small pieces.
• Add all the ingredients including the grated orange peels into a pot and mix it through.
• Bring it to a boil and lower heat to medium.
• Simmer, without the lid, for about 50 minutes, or until the orange and peels are soft. (Cooking time might increase when using honey or maple syrup).
• If the marmalade gets too dry, you can add more water, but try and add only 1-2 Tbsp’s at a time.
• Cook until you have a glossy, creamy, and thick consistency.
• Use a stick blender if you have one and blend the marmalade smooth.
• If you don’t have a blender, stir it more frequently and try and mush it up with the back of a spoon.
• Let it cool and transfer the marmalade into a sealable glass container.
• Keep it refrigerated and consume within 3 weeks.
Makes about 1 1/4 Cup
• It’s normal for the grated peels to still show, they might also not be entirely soft.
• For a softer texture, add more water and cook longer.
• If you want to double or triple the recipe, just keep in mind that your cooking time will also increase.
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!