Ever wondered how to make milk from desiccated coconut? Well click on the video below and find out how easy it is. You are going to love it.
1 Cup (90g) – Desiccated Coconut (I use the medium size)
2 Cups (500ml) – Boiling Hot Water
• Place the desiccated coconut in a tall beaker if you have one.
• Boil a jug of water and add 1 cup of the boiling water to the desiccated coconut.
• Let it rest for about 15min.
• Use a hand blender and blend it for 1 – 2 minutes. (By blending it you help by releasing the oil in the shredded coconut).
• Add the second cup of boiling hot water and let it rest for another 15min.
• Position a sift over a mixing bowl and pour the coconut milk into it.
• Use the back of a spoon to help drain the milk out of the coconut. Alternatively, if you have a cheese cloth, use that instead.
• Use a fennel and pour the content into resealable glass bottles.
• Refrigerate for best results. You will notice that the cream floats to the top and solidify with the cold.
Makes about 2 Cups (500ml)
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!