Velvet Heart Cake PopsFebruary 11, 2020
Peanut Butter Puffed Rice DonutsFebruary 28, 2020
This recipe is Vegan – Vegetarian – Gluten Free – Dairy Free – Egg Free – Keto – Paleo and Diabetic friendly.
Ever wondered how to make milk from nuts with only using a hand blender? Why not follow these easy steps and make your own (Hazel/Cashew Nut Milk).
1 Cup (150g) – Mixed Hazel and Cashew (or any other nuts of your choice)
3-4 (15-20g) – Pitted Dates (or any other sweetener, but keep it aside) – (No sweetener for Diabetics)
2 Cups (500ml) – Water
1/2 Tsp – (2.5ml) – Vanilla Essence
Pinch of Salt
• Place the nuts and dates in a glass bowl and boil a jug of water.
• Pour enough hot water over the nuts and dates to cover them. Let them rest until they cooled down completely. Repeat this process at least 3 times.
• Drain the nuts and dates from the water and place them into a beaker.
• Add one cup of water and use the hand blender to blend it smooth.
• Add the rest of the ingredients along with the sweetener of your choice if you are not using dates and blend it well.
• Use a cheesecloth or new handkerchief and place it over a bowl. Slowly pour some of the nut milk onto it.
• Wrap the cloth carefully and start to twist and squeeze it. The milk will run through into the bowl. Repeat the process until you have collected all the milk.
• Pour the milk into a glass bottle and store it in the fridge.
• Use the milk within 3-4 days.
Makes about 2 Cups (500ml)