Double Chocolate CookiesDecember 22, 2019
How To Make Milk From Nuts With A Hand Blender (Hazel/Cashew Nut Milk)February 23, 2020
This recipe is Vegan – Vegetarian – Gluten Free – Dairy Free and Egg Free friendly.
These Red Velvet Heart Cake Pops are amazing if you are looking for an easy raw cake pop recipe. They are also the perfect Valentines Day gift for that someone special.
1 Cup (100g) – Almond Flour
1/2 Tbsp. (3g) – Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
1 – 1 1/2 Tbsp. (12g) – Beetroot Powder or (a few drops Red food colouring)
± 1/4 Cup (70g) – White Chocolate of your choice
1 Tbsp (15ml) – Almond Milk or any other at room temperature
You will also need:
• (100g – 200g) – White chocolate for dipping
• Food colouring
• Edible sprinkles
• Cake pops sticks
• Heart shaped cookie cutter
• Add the almond flour, cocoa powder and beetroot powder into a mixing bowl and mix well.
• Melt the chocolate and add the milk, mix well. The chocolate and milk might look like it gets oily but just keep mixing it will blend well.
• If you don’t have beetroot powder, then add a few drops red food colouring to the melted chocolate mixture and mix well. Add more red food coloring if necessary, you want a bright red as seen on the images below.
• Pour the chocolate mixture over the almond flour mixture and mix well.
• Use your hands at the end and form a ball.
• If you are going to use the cookie cutter then roll out the dough but quite thick. You will have to repeat the process until you used up all the dough. (I get 5 cake pops with the cookie cutter I use).
• Dip the end of the cake pop stick into a little melted chocolate and stick it carefully into the cake pops.
• Line the cake pops on a piece of parchment paper and refrigerate it until the cake pops is nice and cold. About 30-60min.
• Melt the rest of the chocolate and mix in some food colouring if you prefer.
• Dip the cold cake pops inside the melted chocolate and allow the excess chocolate to drip off. (You might have to give the cake pops a second coating).
• Add the sprinkles over while the chocolate is still melted, the cold will set the chocolate fast so add the sprinkles quickly.
• Place the cake pops back on the parchment paper and place them back in the fridge to help set the chocolate faster.
• It is not necessary to store the cake pops in the fridge unless you have extreme hot weather then you might have to.
Makes about 5 cake pops
• For the feather at the end of the cake pop stick, I used a glitter foam paper I got from an arts and grafts shop and double-sided tape.