Nutella (Sugar-Free and Vegan)June 13, 2019
Strawberries And Cream Keto TrufflesJuly 9, 2019
This recipe is Vegan – Vegetarian – Gluten Free – Dairy Free and Egg Free friendly.
1 Cup (100g) – Ground Oatmeal or Rolled Oats Flour (see notes)
1 Cup (100g) – Almond Flour
1/4 Cup (32g) – Tapioca Flour
1 1/2 Tsp (6g) – Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp. – Salt
1/3 Cup (80ml) – Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp. (30ml) – Almond Milk (or any another)
± 16 – Glazed Cherries
• Preheat your oven to 180˚C/350˚F.
• Add all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix it well.
• Combine the maple syrup and milk then pour it over the dry ingredients.
• Mix all the ingredients until a dough form.
• Add your cherries and mix them into the dough.
• Transfer the dough onto a piece of parchment paper and dust it with a little more tapioca flour. Just enough to make the dough easier to handle and not stick to your hands.
• Divide the dough into 2 equal sizes and form 2 rectangular little loafs of about 2cm in thickness (0.7874 or 25/32 in). You might want the same amount of cherries in each loaf. I just give and take as I form the loafs.
• Place the parchment paper with the biscotti loafs onto a baking tray and bake the biscotti loafs for about 20 minutes or until they are lightly browned.
• When the biscotti loafs is done remove them from the oven and transfer the parchment paper to a wire cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
• Reduce the oven temperature to 160˚C/320˚F.
• When the biscotti loafs have cooled down, use a sharp serrated knife and carefully cut the loafs into slices.
• Use the same parchment paper and lay it back onto the baking try. Line the sliced biscotti pieces on their cut sides and bake them for approx. 15 minutes per side. (30min in total).
• For a last time, use the wired cooling rack and allow the biscotti to cool down completely.
• Once cooled you can dig in and enjoy.
Makes about 20 slices of Biscotti.
• I make my own rolled oats flour by using my little coffee grinder, but you can also use a food processor. However for this recipe I used ground oatmeal.
Adding cherries is such a good idea. I loved the chewy sweet bits, very easy to make too. I took one half out earlier for softer biscotti and left the other in the oven to dry out. Lovely treat.
Thank you so much❤ When I thought of different flavours of biscotti to make the idea of cherries just stuck to me. I loved the way it looked when cutting through them😃
Every time I make these I love them even more. They come out delicious
You made my day. Thank you so much❤