1 1/2 Cup (200g) – Roasted Butternut (Keep aside)
1 Cob – Sweetcorn, Raw (or any other vegetables you prefer)
1/2 Cup (100g) – Quinoa, Raw
1 Cup (250ml) – Vegetable Stock
1 Can (400g) – Black Beans, rinsed and drained (244g)
Himalayan Salt or Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
Handful of chopped Rocket for garnish
• Roast the butternut in an oven dish lined with foil and drizzled with some extra virgin olive oil for about 20-25 minutes or until tender and browned at 180˚C/350 ˚F.
• Add the quinoa, vegetable stock and sweetcorn in a saucepan or big frying pan and cook on medium heat until the quinoa is puffy. Approximately 20-30 minutes.
• Add the black beans, roasted butternut, chopped rocket and salt and pepper and mix it through. (for a cold version, let the quinoa and sweetcorn cool completely then add the rest of the ingredients or for a warm version, add the roasted butternut and black beans and heat everything through).
Ingredients: Orange and Cumin Salad Dressing
1/2 Cup (125ml) – Orange Juice (I use fresh oranges)
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Maple Syrup or Honey
2 Tbsp. (30ml) – Coconut Oil, melted
1/2 Tsp – Cumin
1/4 Tsp – Coriander
Salt to taste
• Add all the ingredients together and whisk through. (if you have an electric hand whisk, use that instead).
• Pour over the salad and enjoy.
Add the quinoa, sweetcorn and vegetable stock together
Cook until the quinoa is fluffy
Add the roated butternut and blackbeans
Mix everything through
Add all the ingredients for the orange and cumin sauce together
Mix the sauce well, preferably with a electric mixer
Orange and Cumin Salad Dressing
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!