Are you a fan of funky salads? Then try this delicious Roasted Butternut and Quinoa Salad with a Orange and Cumin Salad Dressing.
1 1/2 Cup (200g) – Roasted Butternut (Keep aside)
1 Cob – Sweetcorn, Raw (or any other vegetables you prefer)
1/2 Cup (100g) – Quinoa, Raw
1 Cup (250ml) – Vegetable Stock
1 Can (400g) – Black Beans, rinsed and drained (244g)
Himalayan Salt or Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
Handful of chopped Rocket for garnish
• Roast the butternut in an oven dish lined with foil and drizzled with some extra virgin olive oil for about 20-25 minutes or until tender and browned at 180˚C/350 ˚F.
• Add the quinoa, vegetable stock and sweetcorn in a saucepan or big frying pan and cook on medium heat until the quinoa is puffy. Approximately 20-30 minutes.
• Add the black beans, roasted butternut, chopped rocket and salt and pepper and mix it through. (for a cold version, let the quinoa and sweetcorn cool completely then add the rest of the ingredients or for a warm version, add the roasted butternut and black beans and heat everything through).
Ingredients: Orange and Cumin Salad Dressing
1/2 Cup (125ml) – Orange Juice (I use fresh oranges)
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Maple Syrup or Honey
2 Tbsp. (30ml) – Coconut Oil, melted
1/2 Tsp – Cumin
1/4 Tsp – Coriander
Salt to taste
• Add all the ingredients together and whisk through. (if you have an electric hand whisk, use that instead).
• Pour over the salad and enjoy.
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!