This Orange and Dark Chocolate Microwave Cake for One is perfect for either a breakfast, lunch or treat. It is also guilt free compared to other cakes loaded with sugar.
1 – Orange, peeled and with the pips removed
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Honey or any other sweetener
• Blend the orange and honey until smooth.
• Bring to a boil in a sauce pan and cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
• You will need 3 Tbsp.’s of this sauce to add to the cake batter.
1/4 Cup (25g) – Almond Flour or Rolled Oats Flour (Gluten Free if preferred)
1/2 Tsp (2g) – Baking Powder
1 Tbsp. (7g) – Cocoa Powder
1 – Egg
1 Tsp (5ml) – Vanilla Essence
3 Tbsp. (45ml) – Orange Sauce (the sauce you prepared earlier)
1 Block – Dark Lindt Chocolate, chopped (set aside for garnish)
• Mix flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together with a spoon.
• Add the egg, vanilla and orange sauce to the dry ingredients and mix well.
• Add batter to a greased glass microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 2 minutes or until it is done.
• Cover the top of the bowl with a plate and flip it over so that the cake falls onto the plate.
• Garnish with the rest of the orange sauce and sprinkle the chopped dark chocolate over.
• You can make your own Almond flour and Rolled Oats flour by using a grinder like a coffee grinder or a food processor. (I prefer the coffee grinder as the results is just better.)
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!