This recipe is Vegan – Vegetarian – Paleo – Gluten Free – and Banting friendly.
2 Cups (150g) – Extra dry Coconut Flakes, generously stacked or more if you prefer
• Make sure to use extra dry coconut flakes which is darker in colour or you will struggle to get the right consistency, especially when you use a small blender.
• Blend the coconut flakes and use a knife to scrapes the sides of the bowl clean so all the coconut goes though the blades.
• The entire process should take about 2 minutes.
• The oil released in the extra dry coconut flakes is what makes this coconut butter creamier.
• Store it in a glass jar at room temperature and it should last for months.