This recipe is Vegan – Vegetarian – Gluten Free – Dairy Free – Egg Free and Diabetic friendly.
3/4 Cups (70g) – Almond Flour or Rolled Oats Flour (add 1/2 – 1 Tbsp. of water when using rolled oats flour)
1/2 Cup (50g) – Rolled Oats (Gluten Free if you prefer)
1/2 Tsp – Cinnamon
2 Tbsp. (20g) – Chopped Dates (Optional for diabetics)
Pinch of Salt
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Maple Syrup or Honey
1 Egg or for a vegan option a Flaxseed Egg
• Mix the water with the flaxseed and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
• Give it a stir every now and then.
• Mix all the dry ingredients including the chopped dates.
• Add the maple syrup and egg and mix into a dough.
• Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the dough on top of it.
• Make a circle that is about 1/2cm thick. (I find a spoon works best for me).
• Bake it at 180˚C/350˚F for about 20 minutes.
• Let it cool and decorate it with the yogurt and fruit of your choice.
• You can even drizzle it with some melted chocolate.
• Have fun eating it.
Enough for one.
• I make my own rolled oats flour as well as my own flaxseed powder by grinding it with my little coffee grinder.
• When you use rolled oats flour you will need to add 1/2 – 1 Tbsp. of water.
• For a diabetic friendly version, you can omit the dates. You still need to eat in moderation though.
• For a gluten free version, just use gluten free rolled oats.
• This recipe can also be enjoyed as a breakfast.