Power Packed Peanut Protein CookiesDecember 19, 2017
3 Ingredients Banana SnackJanuary 4, 2018
This recipe is Vegan – Vegetarian – Gluten Free – Dairy Free – Egg Free – Keto and Diabetic friendly.
This yummy Vegan Mayonnaise taste just as delicious as a store bought mayonnaise, however this homemade mayonnaise is egg free as well as sugar free.
1/4 Cup (60ml) – Aquafaba Water (Water from a can of Chickpeas)
1 Tsp (5ml) – Apple Cider Vinegar
1 – 1 1/2 Tbsp. (15-22.5ml) – Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp. (12g) – Powdered Sugar (I use Xylitol)
1 Tsp (2g) – Mustard Powder (or Dijon Mustard)
1/4 – 1/2 Tsp (1-2g) – Kosher Salt (or to taste when you use another kind)
1 – 1 1/4 Cup (250-310ml) – Grapeseed Oil or Sunflower or Canola Oil
• You will need an electric whisk and a tall beaker, or you can also use an electric hand-held blender.
• Pour the aquafaba water into the beaker and whisk on high speed for about 1 minute.
• Add all the ingredients except for the oil to the aquafaba foam and mix well for a few seconds.
• Pour the oil in slowly as you mix it into the aquafaba on high speed.
(The more oil you add the thicker the mayonnaise becomes, so be patient. The amount of oil you use will also depends on the thickness you like, so you might end up using more or less).
• Keep the mayonnaise refrigerated and it should last for up to two weeks.
Makes about 1 1/2 Cups
• You cannot use coconut oil to make this mayonnaise, the coconut oil will solidify as soon as you refrigerate the mayonnaise. However I like to incorporate 2 or 3 Tbsp. of coconut oil with the other oil. I like the taste it adds to the mayonnaise.
• I make my own xylitol powder by using my little coffee grinder.