3 Ingredient GranolaDecember 13, 2017
Vegan MayonnaiseJanuary 3, 2018
This recipe is Gluten Free friendly (if Gluten free protein is used).
Looking for a pre or post workout snack? Then try these Power Packed Peanut Protein Cookies. They are easy to make and taste amazing.
1/4 Cup (25g) – Whey Protein Powder (You can also use an 80% Concentrate Natural Flavoured Whey Protein)
1/4 Cup (40g) – Peanuts or any other nuts
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Coconut Oil, melted
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Maple Syrup or Honey
This recipe can be altered to:
1/2 Tbsp. (7.5ml) – Coconut Oil, melted
1 1/2 Tbsp. (22.5ml) – Maple Syrup or Honey
• Ground the peanuts into a flour by using a blender or coffee grinder, alternatively you can add the peanuts into a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin or another object.
• Add the peanut flour to the whey protein and mix through.
• Add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup or honey and mix well.
• Divide it into 2 sections and shape each firmly into round cookie shapes (note, the dough tends to be sand like).
• Line a baking tray with parchment paper and bake the cookies at 160˚C/320˚F for 15 minutes.
• Once baked allow the cookies to cool down completely, because they tend to be very brittle while warm but beautifully crispy when cooled down.
Makes 2 large Power Packed Peanut Protein Cookies.
This recipe has not yet been tested with a vegan protein powder. (Please let me know should you be the first to try it).
I have tested this recipe with a vegan protein powder and the cookies turns black in colour, and they tend to be crumbly, also baking time has decrease to about 7 minutes. They are still edible, but personally I am not very satisfied with the end results.