• Cook the sweet potatoes in salted water until tender, about 20 – 25 minutes.
• Drain the water, add coconut cream and mash it by hand or blend it smooth with a food processor/blender.
• Keep parmesan cheese aside.
Ingredients for Filling:
2 Cans (=800g) – Mixed Beans or Beans of your choice
1 Can (400g) – Lentils
3 (350g) – Tomatoes, Peeled or 1 can Peeled and Chopped Tomatoes
3 Tbsp. (70g) – Tomato Paste
2 Tbsp. (30ml) – Light Soy Sauce
1/2 Tsp (0.5g) – Cumin Powder
1 Tsp (2g) – Coriander Powder
1/2 Tsp (1.5g) – Cloves Powder
1 Tsp (3g) – Paprika Powder
1 – 2 – Cloves Garlic
Himalayan Salt or Kosher Salt & freshly grounded Black Pepper to taste
• Drain and rinse the beans and lentils thoroughly. Keep them aside.
• Add all the other ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend smooth.
• Add the beans and lentils to a deep skillet and add the sauce.
• Simmer for about 10 – 15 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated.
• Grease or spray a nonstick cooking spray in a 22cm square oven dish and add the beans and lentil mixture.
• You can spread the sweet potato evenly over the bean mixture or be creative and add decorative patterns by using a piping bag with nozzle.
• Sprinkle some vegan parmesan cheese on top and bake in a preheated oven at 180˚C/350˚F for about 10 minutes.
• You are welcome to change the quantities of the spices to your own liking.