Cookies and Cream Overnight OatsSeptember 25, 2020
Halloween Spider WebsOctober 8, 2020
This recipe is Vegan – Vegetarian – Gluten Free – Dairy Free and Egg Free friendly.
Looking for that perfect Halloween treat? Then try these delicious Eyeball Cake Pops. They are so much fun to make.
5 Tsp’s (25g) – Red Jam or Jelly (I use Cherry Jelly)
1 Cup (100g) – Almond Flour
70g – White Baking Chocolate of your choice
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Milk of your choice (I use almond milk)
You will also need:
• 150-200g – White Baking Chocolate (For dipping the cake pops in and to decorate the eyeballs).
• Food colouring;
(You can also use 1 – 2 blocks of brown chocolate, instead of the brown food colouring).
• Plastic forks or cake pop sticks.
• Scoop 5 tsp’s of jam or jelly onto a piece of parchment paper and store them in the freezer until they are frozen or firm.
• Add the almond flour into a mixing bowl.
• Melt the 70g of chocolate and add the milk and mix well.
• Pour the mixture over the almond flour and mix it into a dough.
• Divide the dough into 5 equal parts (approx. 35g each) and form them into balls.
• Store them in the fridge for about 30min to allow the chocolate to harden a bit.
• Form each ball into a bowl like shape and place the jam/jelly in the center of the bowl.
• Close the balls carefully leaving the jam/jelly in the center.
• Carefully insert the plastic forks or cake pop sticks into the balls.
• Store the cake pops in the fridge until they are cold.
• Melt the 150-200g of chocolate.
• Dip the cold cake pops inside the melted chocolate and cover the cake pop completely. Let the excess chocolate drip off then place the cake pops on a piece of parchment paper and allow the chocolate to set.
• Use the leftover melted white chocolate and mix it with the food colouring.
• Use the blue, green and brown and form the iris of the eyeball.
• Use the black chocolate and form the pupil of the eyeball.
• Use the red chocolate and add the veins onto the eyeballs.
• Allow the chocolate to set and enjoy❤
Makes 5 cake pops.