White Chocolate FudgeDecember 13, 2019
Double Chocolate Marble PieDecember 22, 2019
This recipe is Vegan – Vegetarian – Gluten Free – Dairy Free and Egg Free friendly.
Not only is this White Chocolate Fudge Pie beautiful to look at but it is equally delicious too.
Ingredients: Pie Base
1/2 Cup (50g) – Almond Flour
1/2 Cup (55g) – All Purpose Flour (Gluten Free if preferred)
3 Tbsp. (20g) – Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
3 Tbsp. (45ml) – Coconut Oil, melted
2 1/2 Tbsp. (37.5ml) – Maple Syrup
1 Tsp (5ml) – Vanilla Essence
Ingredients: White Chocolate Fudge Filling
2 Cans (800ml) – Coconut Cream (A good quality – see notes)
300g – White Chocolate of your choice
Method: Pie Base
• Preheat your oven to 180˚C/350˚F.
• Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
• In a separate mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients then pour it over the dry ingredients and mix until it forms a dough.
• Use a 20x20cm round pie tin/dish and spray it with a non-stick baking spray.
• Press the dough neatly on the bottom and sides of the tin, then use a fork and make breathing holes on the bottom of the base. (See images).
• Bake the pie base for about 12 minutes.
• Let cool completely.
Method: White Chocolate Fudge Filling
• In a frying pan bring the coconut cream to a boil on a high heat.
• Add the chocolate and stir continuously to prevent the chocolate from burning to the bottom of the pan.
• Once the chocolate has melted and blended with the coconut cream keep cooking the sauce on high heat but stir slowly. Approx. 12-15 minutes.
• The sauce will thicken up with lots of bubbles and leave impressions of the spoon as you stir it across the frying pan. (Do not overcook it, it will become oily and not usable.)
• Let the sauce cool to room temperature but keep stirring quickly in circular motions from the outside of the pan to the inside. If the weather is hot and you have a kitchen that heats up, I recommend you stand close to an open door or window where there is a slight breeze. The heat of in the kitchen might cause the chocolate sauce to become oily. Do not leave the sauce to cool by itself.
• Once the sauce is cool enough, fill the pie base with the chocolate fudge. (you might have some sauce left).
• Store the pie in the fridge for a couple of hours to help the chocolate fudge to set. (For better results, leave the pie overnight).
• Keep the pie refrigerated and only remove when you are serving it.
Serves 8-10 people.
• How do you know when you have a good quality coconut cream?
When you buy your coconut cream it should be in a cool part of the store. You can test it by lightly shaking the can. If the content swooshes inside it is probably not so good. If the content seems silent and solid, then you have a good quality.