Beetroot Ice CreamFebruary 11, 2018
Orange and Avocado Salad DressingFebruary 23, 2018
This recipe is Vegan – Vegetarian – Gluten Free – Dairy Free – Egg Free and Paleo friendly.
These little Almond Caramel Chocolates are just so delicious. They are crunchy on the outside and sweet and juicy inside.
Ingredients: Almond Caramel
1/4 Cup (60g) – Almond Butter
2 Tbsp. (30ml) – Maple Syrup or Honey
• Mix the maple syrup and the almond butter well and set aside.
• Start off with the recipe above and if you need more just double the recipe, (the quantity will all depends on the size of the chocolate mould you use).
• I find using a piping bag works best when you add the caramel filling.
1/2 Cup (95g) – Cocoa Butter (You can also use coconut oil)
1/2 Cup (45g) – Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp. (30ml) – Agave Syrup or Maple Syrup or Honey (I like to use the Agave as the taste is neutral)
1 piece of Crystal Himalayan Salt
• Melt the cocoa butter in a little sauce pan.
• Once melted, remove from the heat and add all the other ingredients.
• Mix well and give the salt about 2 minutes to soak then remove it.
• Let the chocolate cool down a bit.
• You are also welcome to melt some chocolate of your choice instead of making your own chocolate.
• Add a little chocolate to the bottom of your chocolate mould and set the mould in the freezer to speed up the setting process.
• Add the almond caramel on top of the bottom layer of chocolate and cover it with more chocolate.
• Set the mould in the freezer for a couple of hours until the almond caramel has frozen.
• Remove the chocolates from the mould and enjoy, alternatively, keep the chocolates refrigerated or in the freezer until you consume them.
Makes about 15 chocolates.