Chocolate GranolaSeptember 28, 2017
Dark Chocolate and Orange Overnight OatsSeptember 29, 2017
This recipe is Vegan – Vegetarian – Gluten Free – Dairy Free and Egg Free friendly.
Are you looking for a recipe that deliver a single serving? Then this delicious Banana Loaf for One is just for you. Its also Vegan and Gluten Free friendly.
1 Cup – (Gluten Free) Rolled Oats (100g) or Spelt Flour (120g)
1/2 tsp (2g) – Baking Powder
1/2 tsp (4g) – Baking Soda
1/4 Cup (60ml) – Mashed Banana + 1 small banana to cover the loaf
1 Tbsp. (30ml) – Maple Syrup or Honey + a little to drizzle after
5 Tbsp. (75ml) – Coconut Milk/Cream or another plant based milk
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) – Vanilla Essence
• Preheat oven to 180˚C/356˚F.
• Mix all dry ingredients together with a spoon.
• Add the liquids and mix well.
• Transfer batter into a small greased loaf pan and add some banana slices.
• Drizzle maple syrup or honey over the top and bake for about 25 minutes or until the little loaf is brown and a test pin comes out clean.
• Let cool and enjoy.
I have tried this little bread with coconut cream, kefir, Greek yogurt and rice milk and I was satisfied with all but the Greek yogurt.
Spelt contains gluten and should not be eaten by anyone who is gluten-sensitive or has celiac disease, but the presence of gluten does not make spelt wheat.
Although those who suffer from celiac disease and gluten intolerance should not consume spelt, some people with food allergies can eat it without reaction.
Article by Food-Allergy.org (www.food-allergy.org)