Almond and Banana Overnight OatsSeptember 29, 2017
Butternut Squash and Orange SoupSeptember 30, 2017
This recipe is Vegan – Vegetarian – Dairy Free and Egg Free friendly.
This Banana and Peanut Granola is filled with fiber and protein and will keep your belly full for hours. Try it, you will love it.
1 Cup (50g) – Kellogg’s Bran Sticks
1 Cup (100g) – Rolled Oats (I use Gluten Free)
1/4 Cup (25g) – Oats Flour or Almond Flour (25g)
1/4 Cup (35g) – Unsalted Peanuts
1/4 Cup (25g) – Dried Banana Chips
3 Tbsp. (35g) – Mixed Seeds (I use Flax, Sesame, Sunflower and Pumpkin)
3 Tbsp. (45ml) – Honey or Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Coconut Oil, melted
1 tsp (5ml) – Vanilla Essence
• Preheat oven to 160˚C/320˚F.
• Mix all the dry ingredients together with a spoon.
• Heat the honey, coconut oil and vanilla essence for a few seconds in the microwave. You only want it runny, not boiling, so 5 – 10 seconds should be sufficient.
• Pour honey mixture over the rolled oats mixture and mix well.
• Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the granola evenly all across the lined baking tray.
• Bake for 15 minutes then scrape the granola loose, ensuring that it can bake on all sides. I use a big chef’s knife but any knife will do.
• Return to oven and bake a further 10 minutes. You might want to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t turn too brown, each oven is different.
• Remove and scrape once more with the knife and leave it to cool down.
• Once cooled down it will be light and crispy, full of aroma and ready to enjoy.
• I make my own Oats flour by using my little coffee grinder, it turns the rolled oats into a nice flour form. You can also use a food processor.