Orange and Avocado Salad DressingFebruary 23, 2018
Kale ChipsMarch 8, 2018
This recipe is Vegan – Vegetarian – Gluten Free – Dairy Free – Egg Free and Diabetic Friendly.
Red Pepper Farfalle (Bow-Tie) Pasta..delicious for that comfort meal you are looking for.
Ingredients: Roasting the Red Peppers
2 Large Red Peppers
Coconut Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Place the red peppers in a oven dish and drizzle with some oil.
• Roast at 180˚C/350˚F for 35 minutes.
• Let the red peppers cool, then clean them by removing the pips and peels.
3 Cups (225g) – Farfalle (Bow-Tie) Pasta or any other of your choice (Gluten Free or Egg Free if preferred)
1/2 – 1 Tbsp. (7.5-15ml) – Coconut Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 – 1/2 Tsp – Salt
• Bring a pot of water to a boil then add the oil, salt and pasta.
• Cook according to package instructions. (Normally 8-12 minutes).
• Drain from the water.
Ingredients: Red Pepper Sauce
2 – Roasted Red Peppers, skinned and cleaned
1 Can (400g) – Chickpeas, drained (244g)
1/2 – 2/3 Cup (125-160ml) – Milk of your choice, (but start with less and increase as necessary until you reach the thickness you desire)
1/2 Tbsp. (7.5ml) – Coconut Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil (use less olive oil if it has a strong taste)
1/4 Tsp (1g) – Garlic Powder, (or to taste)
1/4 Tsp (1g) – Salt, (or to taste)
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Blend all the ingredients smooth in a food processor.
• Transfer the sauce into a frying pan or sauce pan and heat through.
• Add the cooked pasta and stir through.
• Serve with some freshly chopped parsley.
Serves 2-3 people
Nutrition Facts is based on unsweetened almond milk.