Red MasalaDecember 6, 2017
3 Ingredient GranolaDecember 13, 2017
This recipe is Vegan – Vegetarian – Paleo – Gluten Free – Dairy Free – Egg Free and Diabetic friendly.
This delicious Strawberry and Chia Seed Jam is not only quick and easy to make, but it fits into almost every diet group you can think about.
2 1/2 Cups (350g) – Strawberries, thoroughly washed and chopped
2 Tbsp. (30ml) – Lemon Juice (about 1/2 Lemon)
2 1/2 – 3 Tbsp. (37.5g) – Erythritol/Xylitol Sugar/Honey or Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp. (10g) – Chia Seeds
1/4 Cup (60ml) – Water
• Add the strawberries, lemon juice and sugar to a pot and cook for about 10 minutes on a medium heat. Stir frequently.
• While that is cooking, start to make the chia seed jelly.
• Mix the seeds with the water and let it rest for a few minutes.
• Add the chia seed jelly to the strawberry mixture and mix well until there are no more chia seed lumps.
• Cook for another 10 minutes on a medium to high heat, but turn the heat low after 5 minutes.
• For a thick jam, just cook it a bit longer.
• Remove from the heat and let it cool.
Makes about 1 1/4 Cups
• When using honey or maple syrup your cooking time might increase.
• If you want to double or triple the recipe, just keep in mind that your cooking time will increase as well.