This recipe works great as a substitute for sugar in certain recipes. Not only is it a natural sweetener and delicious but it also have some health benefits to it, such as;
Its an energy booster
Its high in iron
Its high in fibre
It helps with constipation and,
It promote cardiovascular health
To read more about other health benefits click on this link here (sweeteners)
1 Cup (140g) – Pitted Dates
Boiling Water (enough to cover the dates)
• Add the pitted dates into a glass bowl and cover them with hot boiling water from a kettle.
• Let the dates rest for about 30min or until the dates are nice and soft.
• Drain the dates from the water and place them into a blender or food processor.
• Blend the dates smooth and into a paste. You might have to scrape the dates from the sides of your blender a couple of times to ensure it has blended smooth. (If it is too thick add a teaspoon or two from the leftover date water.)
• Store in an airtight container in the fridge.