Florentine Cookies has always been a favourite of mine, so when I started creating my own healthier recipes these was one of the first recipes I had to try. I was very excited with the outcome and I hope you enjoy them too.
1/2 Cup (50g) – Almond Flour
1 Cup (100g) – Almond Flakes
Pinch of Salt
2 Tbsp. (30ml) – Coconut Oil, melted
2 Tbsp. (30ml) – Maple Syrup or Honey
1 Tsp (5ml) – Vanilla Essence
8-10 – Glazed Cherries, Chopped
• Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F.
• Mix the almond flour, almond flakes and salt together.
• Add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla essence and mix it well.
• Add the chopped glazed cherries and mix it through.
• Line a baking tray with parchment paper and form round cookie shapes. (Note, the cookies might look like they will fall apart, but just make sure there isn’t any gaps in the cookies).
• Bake the cookies for about 12 – 15 minutes.
• Let them cool completely.
• You can also melt some chocolate and dip the bottom of the cookies inside.
• Lay them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and place them in the fridge to help set the chocolate.
Makes about 9 cookies.
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!