Making your own Dark Chocolate Bark is not only easy, healthy, handmade and homemade but you can add any nut, seed or dried fruit you enjoy.
1 Cup (175g) – Cocoa/Cacao Butter
1/2 Cup (55g) – Carob Powder
1/2 Cup (45g) – Cocoa/Cacao Powder
2-4 Tbsp. (30-60ml) – Agave Syrup, Maple Syrup or Honey (or you can leave it out)
1 Piece – Himalayan Crystal Salt
• You can use 1 cup of cocoa powder if you don’t want to use the carob powder, but you might have to increase your sweetener.
1/2 Cup (80g) – Almonds, chopped
1/2 Cup (70g) – Cashews, chopped
1/3 Cup (40g) – Dried Mixed Berries, chopped
• This is only a guideline and you can add whatever you prefer.
• By chopping them into smaller pieces you add volume, (which means fewer calories).
• Melt the cacao/cocoa butter over a medium heat.
• Add the carob and cocoa powder and mix well until there are no more lumps.
• Add the sweetener and the piece of crystal salt and stir through.
• Allow the salt to soak a bit and then remove it.
• Line a baking tray with parchment paper, I use a 20x20cm/8-inch square baking tray.
• Pour the melted chocolate into the tray and sprinkle with your filling.
• Refrigerate until the chocolate is set
• Chop into pieces and enjoy.
• For a keto and diabetic friendly Dark Chocolate Bark version be gentle on the sweetener and rather add more carob powder.
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!