It makes me so proud to say that this Crispy Coconut Chips recipe of mine has been a real hit on YouTube, it gained me so many views, making it my most popular video recipe I have.
2 Cup (120g) – Dried unsweetened Coconut Shavings
3 Tbsp. (22g) – Almond Flour or Rolled Oats Flours
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Maple Syrup or Honey
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Coconut Oil
1/2 Tsp (2.5ml) – Vanilla Essence or Caramel Essence (I like to use the caramel)
• Preheat oven to 160˚C/320˚F.
• Mix all the dry ingredients together with a spoon.
• Heat the liquids for a few seconds in the microwave. You only want it runny but not boiling, so for about 5 – 10 seconds.
• Pour maple syrup/honey mixture over the coconut shavings and mix well.
• Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the coconut shavings evenly across the lined baking tray.
• Bake for 5 – 7 minutes then scrape the coconut loose. You want to ensure that it bakes on all sides. I use a big chef’s knife but any knife will do.
• Return to the oven and bake for another 5 – 7 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t turn too brown, each oven is different.
• Remove and scrape once more with the knife and leave it to cool down.
• Once cooled, it will be light and crispy.
• The crispy coconut chips is really at its best when made with maple syrup and a caramel essence.
• This is paleo friendly if vanilla bean is used instead of vanilla essence.
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!