These scrumptious Cranberry Scones is amazing for breakfast, lunch/dinner or dessert. They are simply delicious just out of the oven.
1 Cup (120g) – Spelt Flour (and extra depending on the size of the egg)
2 Tsp (8g) – Baking Powder
1/4 Cup (30g) – Dried Cranberries
Pinch of Himalayan Salt
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Coconut Oil, melted
1/4 Cup (60ml) – Coconut Milk
1 (59g) – Egg or, Vegan/Egg Free Version:
1 Tbsp. (7g) ground Flaxseed
1 Tbsp. (15ml) Water
• Mix well and let it rest for 5 minutes.
• Mix all the dry ingredients together.
• Mix the liquid ingredients together and then add it to the flour and mix into a dough.
• You might have to add extra flour, (about 1 Tbsp. – 1/4 Cup). It all depends on the size of the egg you use.
• It’s okay if it is a bit sticky, but you don’t want the dough to stick to your fingers. Make sure the outsides aren’t sticky when you form the balls.
• Form 4 equal sized balls and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
• Brush the top of each ball with some coconut milk.
• Bake for 15 minutes at 180˚C/350˚F.
Makes 4 Scones
Add the dry ingredients
Vegan/dairy free flaxseed egg version
Brush the scones with milk
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!