Are you looking for a grain free granola? Then try this delicious Mixed Nuts, Seeds and Apple Granola. Its crispy and full of flavour.
2 Cup (300g) – Mixed Nuts, chopped (Nuts of your choice)
1/4 Cup (45g) – Mixed Seeds (Seeds of your choice)
1 Cup (60g) – Coconut Flakes (Shavings)
1/4 Cup (25g) – Almond Flour or (Oats Flour/Gluten Free)
2 Tbsp. (30ml) – Maple Syrup or Honey
1 Tbsp. (15ml) – Coconut Oil, melted
1 Tsp (5ml) – Vanilla Essence
1/3 Cup (30g) – Dried Apples (keep aside for later)
1/2 – 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
• Preheat oven to 160˚C/320˚F.
• Mix all the dry ingredients together with a spoon.
• Heat the honey, coconut oil and vanilla essence for a few seconds in the microwave. You only want it runny, not boiling, so for about 5 – 10 seconds.
• Pour honey mixture over the nuts and seeds mixture and mix well.
• Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the granola evenly across the lined baking tray.
• Bake for 10 minutes then add the dried apple pieces and mix well.
• Return to oven and bake a further 10 – 15 minutes or until it turns light brown. You might want to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t turn too brown, each oven is different.
• Let cool and enjoy.
• I make my own Oats flour by using my little coffee grinder, it grounds the rolled oats fine. You can also use a food processor.
• I dice my seeds into smaller pieces because it adds volume to the granola, which means less calories.
• If you prefer your apples to be soft instead of crispy, just add them to the granola after it cooled down.
• Adjust the ingredients if you want this to be a Keto friendly recipe.
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!