I have a few recipes that I am specifically proud of and this Chocolate Granola is one of them. I have made it as a gift for close friends and they love it.
2 Cup (200g) – Rolled Oats (I prefer the Gluten Free)
1/4 Cup (25g) – Almond Flour or Rolled Oats Flours
1/2 Cup (30g) – Dried, unsweetened Coconut Shavings
2 1/2 Tbsp. (17.5g) – Cocoa Powder
1/4 – 1/3 Cup. (40-55g) – Almonds (I chop mine in half to add volume)
1/4 Cup (30g) – Cocoa Nibs or 70-85% Dark Chocolate (see notes)
1/4 Cup (60ml) – Raw Honey or Maple Syrup
1 1/2 Tbsp. (22.5ml) – Coconut Oil
• Preheat oven to 160˚C/320˚F.
• Mix all dry ingredients together with a spoon.
• Heat the honey, coconut oil for a few seconds in the microwave. You only want it runny, not boiling, so for about 5 – 10 seconds.
• Pour honey mixture over the rolled oats mix and mix well.
• Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the granola evenly all across the lined baking tray.
• Bake for 15 minutes then scrape the granola loose, ensuring that it can bake on all sides. I use a big chef’s knife but any knife will do.
• Return to oven and bake a further 10 minutes. You might want to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t turn too brown, each oven is different.
• Remove and scrape once more with the knife and leave it to cool down.
• Once cooled down it will be light and crispy, full of aroma and ready to enjoy.
• I make my own Oats flour by using my little coffee grinder, it turns the rolled oats into a nice flour form. You can also use a food processor.
• You can replace the cacao nibs with 70 – 85 % dark chocolate chips or pieces but only add the chocolate after the granola has baked and cooled down. Add as much as you’d like according to how sweet you want the granola to be.
Thank you for supporting www.creativehomecook.com. Please feel free to like and share or leave a comment!